Below is the Fraction Calculator that is capable of performing Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division of Fractions. All you have to do is simply enter the respective numerator and denominators of input fractions and hit the calculate button to avail the resultant value in seconds.
List of Fraction Calculators Online
Fraction is a part of a whole. Three important parts of a fraction are numerator, / and denominator. Solving fraction problems is not difficult with our collection of calculators. These Fraction Calculators are easy to use and beneficial during homework & assignments. Click the below links and calculate fraction problems easily.
What is a Fraction?
Fraction is a potion of the whole thing. It denotes equal parts of the whole and contains a numerator and denominator. In which the numerator denotes the number of parts taken and the denominator denotes the total number of equal parts in a whole.
For Example, 3/5 is a fraction in which 3 is the numerator and 5 is the denominator and 3 is the number of parts taken where the denominator 5 indicates the total number of parts in the whole.
Below is the list of formulas for performing different operations on fractions
The formula for adding fractions is given by the equation a/b + c/d = (ad+bc)/bd
Subtraction of Fractions formula is given by the equation a/b - c/d = (ad-bc)/bd
Multiplication of Fractions formula is given by the expression a/b*c/d = ab/cd
Division of Fractions formula is a/b ÷ c/d = ad/bc
How do you Add Fractions?
The step-by-step procedure to add fractions is explained below. They are as follows
- The first and foremost step is to identify the denominators of the given fractions.
- If the denominators are different then use the LCM Method to get the denominator and rationalize them.
- Now, place the LCM Obtained as the Denominator and add the numerators.
- Simplify the fraction obtained and that is the resultant addition of fractions value.
Add Fractions 2/5 + 6/7
Given Fractions are 2/5 and 6/7
- Step 1: Identify if the denominators are same or not.
- Step 2: Since denominators 5 and 7 are not equal we will find LCM(5,7) i.e. 35
- Step 3: Rationalizing the given fractions we have the equation as (2*7+6*5)/35
- Step 4: Therefore, the addition of fractions is 42/45 as we can’t simplify it further.
How to Subtract Fractions?
The procedure for subtracting fractions is given below. They are along the lines
- Firstly, check the denominators of given fractions.
- If they are the same simply subtract the numerators and keep the denominator unaltered and reduce the fraction to the lowest form.
- If the given fractions have unlike denominators using the LCM Method make it a common denominator and rationalize accordingly.
- Repeat the same step as in step 2 and the resultant value is the subtraction of given fractions.
Subtract Fractions 8/5 and 4/5
Given Fractions are 8/5 and 4/5
- Step 1: Initially identify if the given fractions have the same denominator or not.
- Step 2: Here in this case since both of the fractions have the same denominator we will simply subtract the numerators i.e. 8-4.
- Step 3: The numerator is the result obtained in the earlier step and the denominator remains unaltered i.e. 4/5.
- Step 4: 4/5 is the resultant fraction after subtracting the given fractions.
How to Multiply Fractions?
Multiplication of Fractions is a simple technique and we will explain how you can proceed further. The steps are as follows
- Firstly, multiply the numerators to obtain the resultant numerator.
- Multiply the denominators to obtain the resultant denominator.
- Simplify the fraction obtained to its lowest form.
Multiply fractions 4/6 and 8/3?
Given Fractions are 4/6 and 8/3
To multiply fractions we will simply multiply the numerators and denominators in both of them using the formula i.e. ab/cd = 4*8/6*3
The value obtained is 32/18
Simplifying it further to the lowest form we have 16/9
Thus, the resultant value after multiplying fractions is 16/9.
How to Divide Fractions?
Division of Fractions is the same as Multiplication of Fractions but with a slight difference.
It usually, involves the phenomenon of Keep, Change, and Flip. The procedure to divide fractions is mentioned below.
- Find the reciprocal of the second fraction and multiply with the first fraction.
- Now multiply numerators and denominators of both fractions
- Simplify the fraction further and that is the resultant value after dividing given fractions.
Divide Fractions 4/7 and 8/5?
Given Fractions are 4/7 and 8/5
- Step 1: Firstly, find out the reciprocal of the second fraction i.e. 5/8.
- Step 2: Now multiply the numerators and denominators of both fractions i.e. 4/7*5/8 = 20/56
- Step 3: Reduce the fraction to its lowest form i.e. 5/14
- Step 4: Therefore, 5/14 is the division of fractions 4/7 and 8/5
How to Use the Fraction Calculator?
The procedure to use the Fraction Calculator is pretty simple and straightforward. Go through it and make your computations quick. They are along the lines
- Firstly, enter the input fractions in the calculator tool.
- Then, choose the arithmetic operation you want to perform on the given fractions.
- Later, click the calculate button.
- That's it you will get the resultant simplified output in no time along with detailed steps.
Get similar kinds of concepts all organized efficiently on linearequationscalculator.com a trusted portal and resolve all your doubts.
Sample Fraction Calculations
FAQs on Fraction Calculator Online
1. What operations does the Fraction Calculator support?
The Fraction Calculator over here supports Arithmetic Operations such as Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division.
2. Where do I get the Best Fraction Calculator Online for free?
You can get the Best Fraction Calculator for free on linearequationscalculator.com a trusted portal.
3. How do I use the Fraction Calculator present here?
You can simply enter the input fractions and choose the operation you want to perform and tap on the calculate button to obtain the result.